Kris Karge, LicSW
Kris’s educational consulting practice was a natural outgrowth from her career as a licensed clinical social worker and psychotherapist. She has over 30 years experience working with children, adolescents and young adults in a multitude of settings.
Kris received her MSW at UC Berkeley, California, in 1983. Over the the next 12 years she worked as a psychotherapist in a variety of settings, an administrator for an adolescent day treatment program, and a consultant for the San Francisco Unified School District.
She has been in Vermont since 1993 and has worked as a regional director for a private non-profit organization where she developed and managed innovative community based programs for children and families with emotional and behavioral issues. For the last 15 years, she has been working as a psychotherapist in private practice in Burlington, Vermont.
Experience as an Educational Consultant
• Over 12 years of experience as a therapeutic and educational placement consultant
• Knowledge of schools and treatment programs throughout the country through extensive travel
• Development of close collegial relationships with key professionals in the schools and programs in order to facilitate the best match of educational and clinical team for your child
• Knowledge of schools, programs and resources within the community
• Ongoing communication with a national network of professionals through conferences, a dedicated list serve and phone calls
• Advocacy for financial assistance if available
As a member of the Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA) New Chapter adheres to the Principles of Good Practice and accepts no fees from programs for the referrals of students.